Your interest in the Yellow Ribbon Support Group means a lot to us and more importantly to the men and women serving overseas.
To read more about our organization read our About Us section below.
Mail current "Wish List" donations to:
Mac & Pat McCoy, Coordinators
Village of Palatine
Administration - Sue Minott
200 E. Wood Street - Rm #263
Palatine, IL 60067
Mail monetary donations to:
Harris Bank Palatine
50 North Brockway
Palatine, IL 60074
Make checks payable to:
Yellow Ribbon Support Group
For inquiries please contact:
Kathy Garcia, Palatine Police at 847-359-9011
Mac or Pat McCoy at 847-359-2429
Report website problems to:
About the Yellow Ribbon Support Group
If you want to know a little more about our organization, read our guidelines below to see our goals and how we operate.
- Organize and maintain an accurate list of active military service men and women submitted by their families and obtained from local churches, corporations, companies, organizations, individuals, etc.
- Assemble items listed on the attached "wish list", consisting of hard-to-get products, which are useful and ideal in a desert or arid location. Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all items.
- Support and assist group volunteers to collect all donated “wish list” items in a timely manner, prepare packages and forward them as soon as possible to the active military forces.
- Request local churches and their congregations, corporations and organizations to support this endeavor by contributing both products and monetary donations to assist with postage.
- Maintain an accurate record of contributions, mailings, lists and support group volunteers for filing of annual reports with necessary agencies.
- Acknowledge all cooperative efforts on behalf of this endeavor to support the active military forces.
- Issue tax-deductible letters at the end each calendar year to all individuals, companies/corporations, local businesses and merchants who have contributed products and monetary donations to support the above efforts.
- Coordinate community service hours with youth groups, local schools, scouts, churches, civic groups, etc. to assist with the preparation of packages for mailing to troops in cooperation with community service project requirements.
- Invite various churches and congregations to participate in “Package Campaigns”. This enables patriotic congregation members to support the troops deployed to foreign shores by mailing the “Good Will” packages prepared by the Yellow Ribbon Support Group.